19: Prescription Drugs (optional) (Chapter 14)(5 Points)
Read: Chapter 14: Medicinal Chemistry
Then watch the Chapter 14 videos:
14: Medicinal Chemistry
Are Drugs That Benefit the Body
Lock-and-Key Model Guides the Synthesis New Medicines
Cures the Host by use the terminaoKilling the Disease
Nervous System Is a Network of Neurons
Drugs Alter the Mind or Behavior
Relievers Inhibit the Transmission or Perception of Pain
for the Heart
- In conjunction with Chapters 12, 13,
and 14, plus the supplemental chapter: Drugs: Chemical Cures,
Comforts, and Cautions, the student
will select a prescription drug to analyze.
- The student will consult a PDR in the library. (OR)The
student may use the Poop sheet
provided with the drug.
- The student should select a drug
of interest, or one prescribed by a doctor for the student to take.
- The student should include the
chemical names, generic names, etc. in a one page review
- . The student should consult at
least three pharmacies to find the average price as well as an online
pharmacy, plus compare the Name Brand versus Generic prices.
- What would the drug cost in Canada?
- The student will describe what the
drug is suppose to do for the patient and for
what condition. From Chapter 14 use
the terminology what it does chemically.
- The student will close the paper with
the precautions and side effects which may be experienced by the patient.
- Paper should be submitted as an
attachment to an email.